Lunching an LiveCode iOS app from another app

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jan 10 15:59:40 EST 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:02 AM, Todd Geist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a way to Launch a LiveCode app on IOS from another app.  This is
> often done with a custom URL scheme.  Is there a way to get a Live Code app
> to use a custom url scheme?

There is on the desktop, but I don't know about iOS… on the desktop you'd add a custom URL protocol to the info.plist file of the standalone by adding this inside the first <dict> tag (I'm using a fictitious "MyApp" application here):

	<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleURLName</key>
			<string>MyApp URL</string>
			<key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key>
			<array>
				<string>myapp</string>
			</array>
			<key>LSIsAppleDefaultForScheme</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</array>

This would cause the MyApp application to launch whenever the url "myapp://" was executed. Not sure if this works on iOS, but perhaps you could try it?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/