Shell question

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Jan 9 02:00:59 EST 2012

The command is in a variable, eg put shell(myCommand) into myResult.  I'm
thinking it's something other than that though since even if I type the
command directly into Terminal with the stdin redirection, no output is
produced.

sqlite3 has a .echo command which prints all the commands to stdin.  If I
put that into the stdin file, what gets displayed is portions of each
command with no line breaks between them.  It sure feels like some sort of
carriage return problem!

Pete

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Pete-
>
> Sunday, January 8, 2012, 6:54:44 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Those commands all work fine when typed into the program by me but
> nothing
> > is written to the output file if I redirect stdin to a file that contains
> > them.
>
> Ah. In that case, are you putting quotes around the shell command?
> Works here for me.
>
> put shell("myprog < /Users/Pete/myfile.txt") into myResult
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Pete