Shell question

Michael Kann mikekann at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 21:24:26 EST 2012

Pete,

Is your set-up  on the on-rev servers?

Mike

--- On Sun, 1/8/12, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:

From: Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com>
Subject: Shell question
To: "How to use LiveCode" <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Date: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 7:52 PM

I suspect this is more of a Unix question than LC but here goes.

I'm issuing a shell command to run a program and redirect its stdin to a
file, so something like

put shell(myprog < /Users/Pete/myfile.txt) into myResult

The Stdin file contains 3 or 4 lines that are valid input to myProg, one of
which writes some output to another file.

When I execute the shell command from LC or type the command into Terminal,
the output file does not created, but I get no errors reported.  If I run
myProg from Terminal and type the commands individually, the output file is
created correctly.

I've checked the path to the stdin file over and over and I'm sure it's
correct.  The stdin file was created using TesxtEdit, read in to myLC
script, had a couple of things replaced in it and written out again from LC

I'm suspecting carriage return issues?

--
Pete