[BUG] 5.0.2 start-up anomaly - Btn Icons not displayed

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:52:09 EST 2012

Folks,

I'm experiencing a glitch with an old Rev stack since upgrading to 5.0.2.
I've not seen anyone else report this so I assumed that it was just my
set-up but I've since been able to reproduce the bug and it appears to be
associated with Icons in buttons.

With 5.0.1 and prior when starting my stack the LC splash screen comes up,
then the IDE Tool Palette, then after the LC splash screen disappears my
stack appears. Under 5.0.2 my stack appears before the Tool Palette and on
top of the LC splash screen, which gives LC a nice zippy feel, but
unfortunately two buttons (out of 26) are not displayed, which should be
displayed and are displayed in all previous versions of Rev.

The two buttons are a Previous and Next button, they are Transparent
buttons with Rev supplied Icons. The other 24 are all Option buttons
without Icons.

To reproduce this problem:

1) create a new stack and place a couple of buttons. So far I've confirmed
this with Standard, Rectangle and Transparent.
2) Open the Object inspector and select a different Icon from the "Standard
Icons" library for each button.
3) For Transparent buttons unclick the showName property. (this is not
necessary to confirm the bug, it's just more effective in making you think
the button isn't there)
4) Save the stack
5) Quit LC
6) Start your newly created stack.

On my machine none of the Icons are displayed.

If you create a new card, then Go First, all the Icons will appear.

Surely I can't be the only one that uses Icons in buttons?

MBPro 17", OS X 10.6.8, LC 5.0.2