Windows Standalone Does Not Have an App Menu

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 4 15:26:51 EST 2012

Hello Roger and Mark,

Thanks for responding and clarifying the Windows app question for me.  Mark, I have no problem including decorations.  If this is a convention on Windows, that is, that an app menu does not appear when a modal window is frontmost, so that the user cannot quit or cannot know that the app is running if they have switched workspaces, then I don’t see how it promotes or meets expectations.  If I can start something up, I expect that I should be able to see how to shut it down.

Gregory