iOS: custom answer (UIAlertView) dialog?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 3 16:44:08 EST 2012

On 1/3/12 3:00 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Because rolling your own answer dialog is pretty easy, the typical
> answer to this question is roll your own.

The problem with mobile apps is that only one stack can be open at a
time, so when the dialog opens, it closes the main stack and takes up
the whole screen. I don't think there's a way around that. Mobile apps
are limited to one card at a time.

That said, it could possibly be faked by showing a group over the
current card, but everything else on the card would have to be disabled.
Or maybe the group could have a card-sized button at the back that just
blocks mouse actions, leaving only the "dialog" group active.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com