iOS: custom answer (UIAlertView) dialog?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jan 3 16:00:17 EST 2012

Because rolling your own answer dialog is pretty easy, the typical answer to this question is roll your own. I'm sure many have done so. Someone is sure to offer something up. A good place to start is to read up on the dialogData. It's a global property that you can put anything into, so that is one way to pass data back and forth. Note also that you can use the return command even when you are not calling a function. Return will put whatever you declare into the result. If you want it to contain your result, then get whatever you declare, and optionally return true or false. Open your custom answer dialog stack as modal, and away you go!

Bob