Setting the cursor

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 10:00:21 EST 2012

Thanks Jacque.

I was hoping to present the user with vision of a cursor moving to the button and then clicking on it.

I think now that I will manufacture my own cursor, using RR's line graphic (with arrow attached) and thereby simulate a cursor.

It is perhaps the dark side of my nature that allows me this ruse, but at least I am not wresting control of the cursor from the user, and my intentions are honorable.

Ken's suggestion (using screenMouseLoc) would allow me to take control of the cursor. It is odd that there is a command to locate the mouse relative to the screen but not the card. I wonder whether this, and the notion of exercising "power only for good,"  might not date back to Scott Rainey. He had strong feelings about the rights and wrongs of programming. I remember a battle I had with him over "repeat while the mouse is down," an instance where the programmer wrests control of the COMPUTER from the user.

Jim