Listen for messages in FrontScripts

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jan 2 18:59:50 EST 2012

Todd-

Monday, January 2, 2012, 10:54:41 AM, you wrote:

> I was using metaphor in my own head of messages "raining" down on your
> stacks.  I don't like this metaphor any more. I don't think it fits.

I think your original conception wasn't too far off the mark. But I
think what you've run into is the fact that if you're issuing a
dispatch command in a frontscript is doesn't have a selected object to
rain down to. If you dispatch to the target then I think you'll have
what you were after. The dispatch, send, and call commands can subvert
the normal message path, and I believe you're seeing a side effect of
that.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net