Script Editor Conundrum

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 03:24:48 EST 2012

On 02/29/2012 05:59 AM, Cal Horner wrote:
> Over the years I have created a lot of plug-ins. Some templates are for the
> interface and many templates are for scripts. An example would be the
> ask/answer dialog template.
>
> I have always cut and pasted the scripts into the script editor. Simply
> because I didn't have the knowledge(expertise) to insert the code by program
>

> My question is can I place the generated code into the script editor, by
> program.
>
> If it is possible, How is it done. Any examples?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cal

Surely all one has to do is something like this:

put fld "NEWSCRIPT" into the script of button "BLAH"

of course it is probably hardly worth it as you would have
to import the script from a text file into a fld, and by the time you've
done that and the script it is probably just as time consuming as
cutting-and-pasting the
text yourself.