Readability testing

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 21:33:14 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Robert Sneidar <slylabs13 at me.com> wrote:
> Now I know what has been bothering me about Regular Expressions all this time!
>There is nothing regular about them! But I suppose it sounds better and more inviting
>than "Confounding Expressions", or "Cryptic Expressions".

You will not understand the unix mindset until you agree that the very
name of "mkdir" is a bug, as no command that important should be only
two letters.

Dennis Ritchie has assured me that someone (Ken Thomas, I believe)
agreed with me.

Unix implemented a multi-user system in 64k of memory, which was
actually 32k of 16 bit words.  Every character counted.

Thus, highly compact commands such as regexp.

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462