Blocking screenshots?

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Mon Dec 31 17:13:04 EST 2012

Just thinking out loud…

Trap raw key combinations for triggering a screen-grab within your app, different for Mac & Win obviously, but probably not too difficult.

Trap the "Suspend" message then dim or hide the appropriate parts so users can't just put your app into the background then take a screen-grab.

And the more difficult part - block screen recording software so users can't record what they are doing and just take a screen-grab from the recording.

But ultimately I think Richard and Mark are right, if someone really wants to copy something, they'll find a way.

Paul

P.S. You can make a screen-grab from revBrowser.