Learning LiveCode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 27 18:25:35 EST 2012

On 12/27/12 5:18 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> Interesting. I mostly visualize it the opposite way, with the buttons
> & fields on the lowest level and then the card, background, and stack
> scripts higher and higher, with the engine at the top catching
> everything not handled by scripts, and frontscripts before
> everything, and backscripts before the engine, and behaviors inserted
> in there sort of on the side. Either that or I see it as front to
> back, with buttons and fields in the front and the engine at the
> back. I suppose if you think in terms of flowcharts going from top to
> bottom makes sense, but somehow I got the other image in my mind at
> some point.

Probably because Danny Goodman diagrammed it that way in his HyperCard
Handbook, with the engine at the top. I tend to think of it with the
engine at the bottom, or more often, "back" and "front" with buttons at
the front.

Jerry Daniels called this the difference between "earth worshippers" and
"sky worshippers". He was clever like that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com