The Script Editor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 24 18:25:26 EST 2012

On 12/24/12 3:11 PM, Robert Sneidar wrote:
> He is talking about a time before LC existed, meaning I assume,
> Revolution as well. Might have been Metacard or Supercard.

It was Revolution, early on, maybe version 1. If I remember right it was
in the first Rev script editor.

The team didn't really just yank it out, they first asked how many
people used it. Not many did and it was difficult to maintain, so it was
dropped. The theory was that you could concentrate on a few lines at a
time without being distracted by the rest of the script, so it would
display just the "mouseup" handler in its own window, or just your
custom function. But most people prefered to see the handler in context
so it didn't get much use.

In preferences, you can set a whole script to open in a new window, but
no longer each individual handler.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com