[OT] Looking for asp.net resource

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:19:32 EST 2012

On 12/21/2012 07:18 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Looks like he's been disappointed: see
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9759377/Mayan-apocalypse-The-only-place-to-survive-the-end-of-the-world-is-a-sleepy-French-village.html
>
> (couldn't resist - the report is by my son).

Why does it make me happy to know that somebody on this list has a son
who does NOT write for a left-wing rag?

I really wonder how many of those nutty fruitcakes who, supposedly,
believe all this tripe, are actually brainwashed / manipulated
into this, and how many have convinced themselves.

I feel extremely sorry for the former, and feel that a few classes in
simple logic (a.k.a thinking things through in a sensible fashion)
would have done the latter a power of good.

As for the hoteliers of Bugarach; good on them; they made a fast buck
and didn't give the suckers an even break :)

Quite honestly if you want to believe that the world is controlled by a
sixteen foot, blue-and-green speckled sausage, go and believe it;

BUT; as soon as your belief system starts conflicting with observable,
verifiable reality (and belief in a transcendental, blue-and-green
speckled sausage is not empirically verifiable or refutable) it is time
to take stock, and, just possibly, ask why God and/or evolution has
provided us with
brains that can sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Richmond.