Send Data/Text From iOS to Desktop App on LAN?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Wed Dec 19 18:20:33 EST 2012

Okay…going to try tackling the MergeBonjour route…

First problem, sending shell command. I have sent shell commands before through a stack.

Starting with a simple:  mkdir ~/Livecodetest

This works from the command line, but when I attempt to run this from a stack, I don't get my new folder?

I was doing a:       shell("mkdir ~/livecodetest")   I also tried a:  do shell("mkdir ~/livecodetest")  and a:   put shell("mkdir ~/livecodetest")  for good measure.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, took a look at dns-sd to register a (bonjour) service,  from what I can understand, when I get the shell to work correctly, I would do a:

shell("dns-sd -R TeacherServer local 8080")    Man shows it as dns-sd -R <Name> <Type> <Domain> <Port> [<TXT>...] (Register a service)

Next step after getting the shell to work, create an iOS stack and see if it can see my registered bonjour service.

Thanks for the help!