Send Data/Text From iOS to Desktop App on LAN?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 19 15:13:56 EST 2012

John,
If you were to use http, the teacher would not have to set something up.
 You would build the code right into the teacher's app and the students'
clients.  The only problem I see is that I believe that the http code in LC
is blocking, so if you had something flakey happen with the connection you
could lock up the apps.

In this case forget the file transfer ideas as the response time will not
be fast enough for what you want.

No matter what solution you choose, you would have to have a way to
discriminate against students that have the app that are on the network but
are not in the classroom.  That is not a network problem, though.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com