Find vs. Offset

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 17 22:04:27 EST 2012

On 12/17/12 5:54 PM, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> I do see that there is much more management with the "offset",
> however, I believe I can use the offset without having to actually
> navigate to the other stack, and I found that going to another stack
> and using the "Find" there unlocks the screen (bad).

The lockscreen command should really be called "lockWindow". It's a
holdover from HyperCard where the stack did take up the whole screen (at
first, anyway) so the two were essentially the same thing. Going to
another stack will always force a redraw. You can lock the screen again
after going there but you'll see the stack change.

One trick that might work is to go to the other stacks invisibly. That
will leave the first stack on screen and visually nothing will appear to
change. Use "go invisible stack <stackname>". You shouldn't need to use
lockscreen if you do that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com