ZLib DEFLATE

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 05:44:08 EST 2012

Thank you for this information, Alejandro.

Here's the rub: I'm trying to parse existing PNG files which I didn't create, so I don't know beforehand what the uncompressed data size would be. On the other hand, I should be able to figure out what the original size is: I'm trying to inflate the pixel data, and I know the width and height, as well as the bits per component.

Another potential pitfall is that DEFLATE may employ Huffman codes, which isn't part of the GZIP file format.
Anyway, I now have a new way to tackelt his problem, so thanks again!
Once I have it working, it will be part of the open source Quartam PDF Library.

Cheers,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====