iOS / Android apps with Remote Features

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 19:19:38 EST 2012

Hello,

The current Livecode Rendering engine does not support remote sessions on
Linux like xhosts.

The offered work arounds do not even make it bearable in attempting to
update the display. These also reduce most of the basic features you would
want to use with a Livecode app so it starts to look like early crayon days
of graphics.

1) Avoid using any form of transparency (Including alpha and blendlevel)
2) Switch off initializing on all graphics and fonts
3) Force use of old font system (command line option -xftoff we think)
4) Avoid using GTK theme and use motif lookandfeel instead

Given that this does NOT work I was wondering if anybody has done an iOS or
Android app that would be utilizing a remote display feature.

If so, was it tested against any Linux system? What Version? Comments?

Any feedback or information on this would be appreciated.

We want to do an iOS app that connects to a Linux application running on
CentOS but we fear that the same issues will appear and it will have been a
waste of time and effort.

I do not know if this would work with Windows or OS X since they are target
platforms but I would also be curious to find out if someone has had any
success with either of these.

regards,

Glen