Capture the Trig Function from an Option Menu Button

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 14:25:52 EST 2012

I put my script into a separate button. I think yours was in the Option button.

Put this script into your Option button:

on menuPick pItemName
   put field 1 into tAngle --Or wherever your angle is located
   put tAngle*pi/180 into tAngle
   put pItemName into tTrigFunct
   switch tTrigFunct
      case "sine"
              put sin(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The sine of " & tAngle*180/pi & " degrees  is " & tValue into tResult
         break
      case "cosine"
            put cos(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The cosine of " & tAngle*180/pi & " is " &  tValue into tResult
         break
      case "tangent"
         put tan(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The Tangent of " & tAngle*180/pi & " is " &  tValue into tResult
   end switch
put tResult into field 2
end menuPick

You should get a field 2 that locks like this, if the angle is 45 degrees::

The sine of 45 degrees  is 0.707107

Is that the results you wanted?

Jim