Capture the Trig Function from an Option Menu Button

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 13:11:31 EST 2012

Hi Roger

I'm sure I missed the point of this thread. I'll go through it more carefully.

But could you tell me how this "mouseUP" handle fails to do the job?

Thanks,

Jim

on mouseUp
   put field 1 into tAngle
   put tAngle*pi/180 into tAngle
   --put the label of btn "myOptiionMenu" into sOption
   put the label of button "myOptionMenu" into tTrigFunct
   switch tTrigFunct
      case "sine"
         put sin(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The sine of " & tAngle*180/pi & " degrees  is " & tValue into tResult
         break
      case "cosine"
            put cos(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The cosine of " & tAngle*180/pi & " is " &  tValue into tResult
         break
      case "tangent"
         put tan(tAngle) into tValue
         put "The Tangent of " & tAngle*180/pi & " is " &  tValue into tResult
   end switch
put tResult into field 2
end mouseUp