Application Failed Codesign Verification.

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 14:11:33 EST 2012

Hi all,

I have an app that I'm donating to SETI, a non-profit scientific organization, so that they will reap the income directly. (Apple makes it difficult to donate proceeds of an app). So, I build my app using information from my own Apple developer ID etc., save it as an iOS standalone, and send it to SETI for them to submit to Apple using their Apple developer certificate information. When they try to upload to Apple they get this error:

"Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certifaicate."

Can anyone think of a way around this?

Thanks for your help,

Roger