a new book idea...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Dec 3 22:13:22 EST 2012

I'm talking with Packt about another LiveCode book. I don't have the time, or the knowledge, to cover all that it needs to be, but I could organize the chapters, if they are written by other people!

In theory the nature of the book would be to have a set of chapters that cover one application per chapter. I'm not sure that is practical, it could take a book to describe a whole commercial application, and a chapter may be way too long to describe one or two basic techniques.

So, I was thinking , that if some of you that have done full applications are interested, you could write about one or two of the main techniques used in the application, and use the chapter to explain those basic techniques, and hopefully promote your overall application a little bit.

I have in mind a few people who would be ideal for this, and features that they could write about, but first would any of you like to volunteer?

For anyone else who might be interested in such a book, what main topics would you like to see described in a book? Here's an example of how a chapter might be:

Datagrids. Everything you wanted to know, and more! Then, copious tips on making datagrids scroll smoothly on mobile devices.

I don't believe the book needs to be mobile specific, so any topics that you think would be of general interest could be in there.

If there are say 10 people who write chapters, I can promise you that you won't early much money from doing it! But, hopefully you'll get a few more app sales.