how my book is doing...

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:28:33 EST 2012

On Sunday, December 2, 2012, Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> -- Lyx - a real writing tool, generates proper professionally  typeset
> LaTex
> and Postscript.  It also will generate  RTF.
>
> If you haven't used Lyx, its not at all like any other writing tool, in
> particular its not WYSIWYG, but people get so comfortable with it in an
> hour
> or so that they wonder how they can ever have used anything else.  And when
> they see the quality of the typeset documents it produces with no attention
> to anything but writing the content, their reaction is a mixture of
> amazement and delight.

LyX was enough that I switched from Mac to unix over it . . . As a Ph.D.
Econ student, I wrote so many equations, and I could write from the
keyboard  *and* edit equations from the keyboard.

I added the indexing command (which got removed when something it depended
upon got re-written), a mail-merge function, and the license clarification
(which a non-lawyer later tossed based on advise from the FSF;  but since I
think all my code is out, I never bothered)

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462