altkey() down, up & halfway down

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:23:32 EST 2012

On 12/02/2012 07:02 PM, Mike Bonner wrote:
> Yeah, too true.  And if others are like me, having to wait for things to
> catch up is really annoying!
>
> Well, this is only osx (objective c) and I'm clueless about it, but the
> example on this page might give someone who isn't a clueless c nub like me
> a chance to build an external to catch key presses.
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12113795/is-there-a-keyup-method-for-flagschanged

Ha, Ha; there is "only one problem" here; I haven't looked at any
programming language (except for a brief 'perversion' with Toolbook)
other than xTalk (or whatever Runtime Revolution call the Livecode
langaue at the moment) since I left BBC BASIC in 1990.

So that code looks:

1. odd

and

2. I wouldn't have a clue how to integrate those few lines into anything
else, let alone get it to interact with a Livecode standalone.

AND . . . and here's the rub . . .

I really want to have one code-base for my product, rather than fork the
thing into 2 or 3 branches (Mac, Lin and Win),
as subsequent modifications would involve a considerably large amount of
(repetitive) work than keeping it as a single
code base.

It is, of course, quite possible to have the stack to detect the
operating system and act accordingly . . .