Can anyone confirm this possible bug ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Aug 29 13:10:13 EDT 2012

Bob-

> I have found in the past, although mush less nowadays that the debugger would
turn itself off under certain
> conditions, like certain script errors. I never figured out why, but updates
and LC versions later it
> doesn't seem to happen anymore. I think once in the last 6 months it happened.
It always seems to be when I am
> breaking into the debugger due to a runtime error. Afterwards it seemed to be
off.

I haven't run without PowerDebug in ages, so I can't comment on the current
state of the built-in debugger, but previously the engine would disable debug
mode on encountering an error in a system stack. This, I suppose, was to prevent
snowballing errors. It's not completely clear to me why someone would want to
disable debug mode (disabled mode means just ignore any errors), so PowerDebug
ensures that it's enabled.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net