Can anyone confirm this possible bug ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Aug 28 13:02:36 EDT 2012

Alex-

Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 9:35:19 AM, you wrote:

> Is this a bug, or a feature, or just something in my environment ?

> Create a new stack, add a button, and make the button script be

>> on mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
>>     put "we get here"
>>     trythis(1)
>>     put "but do we get to here"
>> end mouseUp

> (Yes, I know it's wrong - that's the point :-)

> Does this happen for others, or just me ?
> Shouldn't there be some kind of error flagged when the button is
> clicked, to show that a function has been called as though it were a
> handler ?  Or at least to warn that execution has just stopped in
> mid-flight ?

Interestingly, if you add

command trythis pVar
  put pVar after msg
end trythis

then your first attempt is successful. I don't know when this changed,
but it's now possible to call commands with arguments in parentheses.
I like it.

Glx2 normally will create hyperlinks for commands so you can go
directly to the code, but it doesn't create them (as of a few months
ago) for commands called as functions and vice versa. So at least you
get some clue that you haven't done something you intended.

But you're saying you don't get a runtime error with your code? I drop
into the debugger at that point.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net