Problem resizing a stack

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Aug 28 12:39:42 EDT 2012

OK, I figured out what the problem is although I don't have a clue why it's
a problem.

I noticed that putting breakpoint commands in my preOpenCard script was not
having any effect, depending on where I put them.  I assumed that was
happening because the code never reached the breakpoint for some reason
even though I wasn't getting a run time error.  So I started putting a
breakpoint in beginning at the first line of the script and moving down a
few lines each time until the breakpoint failed to trigger.

That revealed that the line of code that appears to be a problem is

set the liveresizing of stack "xyz" to true

If I comment out that line of code, the stack works correctly as a plugin.
 Put it back in and it fails again.

I'm happy I found the problem and in fact I don't think I need to set
liveresizing every time the stack runs; I'm not setting it to false
anywhere so I assume it would retain its true setting across runs.

But I can't help but wonder why that statement would cause a problem in a
plugin but not in a regular stack, and perhaps even more worrying, why no
runtime error was reported.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>