Security of LiveCode compiled files

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Aug 27 18:45:21 EDT 2012

Okay, so there is an option in the application builder to move substacks into individual stackfiles. If you do this, then the encryption applied to the mainstack does NOT apply to the substacks, and the code is visible to them. Someone might say, "Well, don't do that!" but unless you know it's happening, you might think that protecting the mainstack protects all substacks as well.

I think this came up in another thread some while back.

Bob