mysql and anonymous db errors

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 14:52:49 EDT 2012

On Sunday, August 26, 2012, Peter Haworth wrote:

> What is the text after "revdberr"?

That's why I called it an anonymous error--there *is* no more.

> I notice that you mentioned INSERT and UPDATE along with revDataFromQuery.
>  You should be using revExecuteSQL to do INSERTs and UPDATEs, at least
> theoretically, as there is no data from an INSERT/UPDATE.

with sqlite, I was getting either empty for success, and the error message
as the result if thre was an error.

>   Wouldn't
> surprise me if using revDataFromQuery didn't work quite as expected for
> anything other than SELECT statements since the SQLite internal statements
> to execute an INSERT/UPDATE or a lot different than executing a SELECT.

I'll try swapping the statement and see if I get the same thing in the
result.

the statements are apparently successful, though, in spite of the erro.

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com