New Pricing

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:47:03 EDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 12:37 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> Interesting that there's no personal license users complaining. They are the only ones that could lose out with the new plans but arguably the low cost pay as you go could cover that market. It appears the only people complaining are the ones that state they are using very old versions with no plan to upgrade and readily promote other tools on the list. Hmm... I wonder how much extra the rest of us pay to support these guys?

Grunt, grunt, grunt....

If you had read my messages closely, you would have noticed that I
promoted NO other tools on
this list.

Having spent the better part of the last 20 years via Hypercard,
Metacard and RR/LC ploughing my
horse in a single furrow [with tangents into Toolbook] I am frankly too
lazy to abandon all that effort and strike out "over the hill."

Recently I posted something about HyperStudio ( a sort of baby thing)
not as promotion but as a
way of drawing attention to some interesting features that it has that
might be of interest to RR/LC developers to work out how to do in Livecode.

I should very much like to upgrade, but I do NOT have the money to do that.

If you look at this thread there are 2 contributors (Peter Alcibiades
and myself) who either
cannot or will not upgrade right now - all the other contributors have
unknown status, perhaps
because they are not quite as thrawn as Peter and myself, and would
rather keep their light under bushels.

So your message is a bit "aff" to use a guid Scots word.