New Pricing

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:01:37 EDT 2012

On 08/21/2012 11:47 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 8/21/12 3:00 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
>
>> As far as the store front is concerned, we are showing the most popular
>> products there. You can select a license and customize it, for
>> example to
>> get a desktop only product for a single platform.
>
> Ah. I see now. When I first looked at the storefront, my initial
> impression was that you had to purchase all platforms at once; i.e.,
> if you wanted desktop builds you had to buy them all. I just now
> noticed that if I point to the word "perpetual" and wait for the popup
> to appear it was explained. The words "Pay as You Go" and "Perpetual"
> look like links but they aren't. Until now, I didn't know we could
> build a custom package.
>
> It might be good to put "Customize your package" or something similar
> on the page, I think that would clear up some of the confusion.

Slightly verbose, one might say:

"Perpetual License
The LiveCode Perpetual License option is for serious developers
everywhere. It provides a selection of prebuilt packages and a package
builder with a mix of free and purchasable add-ons to build a bespoke
development package to best meet your specific needs. New upgrades are
automatically included with the LiveCode Complete package and can be
purchased as required for any other LiveCode Perpetual license. All
Livecode Perpetual Licenses provide royalty free distribution of Apps.
Perpetual licenses never expire therefore you can indefinitely continue
to develop code with any version of LiveCode you buy or upgrade to."

and very small, and in an odd, mouse-over window-let.

But its there, and it states what's what precisely.

As an EFL teacher I do feel a bit "iffy" for the non-native speakers
having to grapple
with 'bespoke'.