changes to the run rev store

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Aug 20 14:12:13 EDT 2012

Oh, i have to correct myself:

It looks like not all perpetual licenses do include upgrades for a year. Very strange.

But i was right with the PayAsYouGo licenses. They expire after the "payed time".
You do not buy, but you do rent the license.

Runrev´s definition:
The Pay as you Go package has been designed to provide an easy cost entry point for anyone with an interest in developing Apps. With no contract or minimum term your access to LiveCode will remain constant whilst you Pay As You Go and we offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.

I think this is not a bad idea. Many companies are offering this kind of licensing model as an alternative to their existing licensing model.

I have a LC complete license for which i have to pay 749$ a year to get all upgrades.

I have planned to renew it every year anyway (as long as i can afford it). So  i could also switch to the "Cross platform PAYG" license.
It contains all modules the  complete license contains except the membership in the developer program.
This license would cost me 499$ a year. I would spent 250$ a year.

I just have to consider if i really need the membership in the developer program or not.

I think the PAYG licensing model is an interesting alternative.

Matthias