iOS - sideways swiping within a vertically scrolling object?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Aug 19 20:58:29 EDT 2012

On 20/08/2012, at 10:10 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Terry,
>
> I just posted a link to another thread for a very crude example of mixing both horizontal and separate vertical scrolling that may give you some ideas. It is crude but works. also via script a button could scroll left right to exact horizontal scrolling coordinates and then at each 'page' the table could scroll vertical. The popover part may be ignored and instead just focus on the left right and separate vertical scrolling.
>
> Have a look.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ds1lpbhfctyvuji/NestedPopOver.livecode

Thanks Tom - that looks good but I don't really want to have separate swipe zones. The behaviour I'm looking for is very much along the lines of that in the Calendar app on the iPhone. Swipe (mostly) vertically and the calendar scrolls up or down, swipe horizontally and it moves back or forwards by day or week.

Turns out that I had the canCancelTouches property of the scroller set to true, so it's no wonder that the touch events weren't being registered. Now that I've got it setup correctly (delayTouches = true, canCancelTouches = false) it seems to behave how I want it to (more or less).

Cheers,

Terry...