Suggestion for RunRev...

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Sun Aug 19 13:08:13 EDT 2012

I know what you mean... so much 'good stuff' gets posted it's difficult to
organise it all.

I use The Scripter's Scrapbook for this with a couple of entries dedicated
to 'useful links'...

www.ssbk.co.uk

Might be worth your while checking it out while Edinburgh ponders your
suggestion.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Paul Dupuis wrote:

There have been so many Announcement [ANN]  postings about
developer-oriented plug-ins for LiveCode to either the "Developer" or
"Use" Lists or even the "Using Externals and Plugins" forum topic in
recent months. All of these look like very useful tools for developers.

I may not be alone in not having the time to look at every one when they
are announced. And, while I try to file some of the announcements away
for later reference, I received a LOT of email and letting it pile up is
not always practical. However, when I am developing new software, there
are time when access to one of these many tools or plugins would have
been very helpful - IF I had remembered it.

My suggestion: Could RunRev please establish a simple database on the
RunRev.com web site where developer's of these tools can submit and
entry for them. Just a name, description, and URL for more information
at a minimum would be helpful. A screenshot, author information, and a
few more fields would polish it up nicely. The page serves both as a
resource to existing developers and as marketing to potential customer
illustrating the richness of the LiveCode community. Of course
appropriate legal disclaimers can apply.

Such a research page would make finding and using such tools easier than
hunting through mailing list archives or search through forum posts. The
resource is also complementary to the Add-Ons in the RunRev store,
illustrating a larger availability of both free and commercial tools
sold by independent suppliers as well as RunRev.

So how about it?

--
Paul Dupuis
Cofounder