remedial mysql???

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 13:13:44 EDT 2012

My code is designed to update the database automatically when new items are
added to cards.  This was working fine with sqlite, although it was
apparently ignoring some ' that shouldn't have been there.

I'm even trying to group transactions now.

However,

START TRANSACTION;
ALTER TABLE dna  ADD chrType CHAR(1);
COMMIT;

This, though, produces the error

revdberr,You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'ALTER TABLE dna  ADD chrType CHAR(1);
COMMIT' at line 2

It's not that there is already such a variable:

put revDatabaseColumnNames(getDebtordb(),"dna")
yields
uniqDna,dnaKey

The documentation pages seem to show the same syntax
athttp://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/alter-table-examples.html
:

ALTER TABLE t2 MODIFY a TINYINT NOT NULL, CHANGE b c CHAR(20);

ALTER TABLE t2 ADD d TIMESTAMP;

I must be missing something trivial at this point.

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com