Serial Port Access

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Aug 15 14:43:55 EDT 2012

Serial ports are an inexact science, especially with imbedded systems. Just
jiggle the handle until it works and be happy when it does.  Probably the
designers of the phone system did away with parity checks and handshaking
because they had trouble implementing it and is not needed for control
applications and short runs. Handshaking makes speeds greater than 9600
baud possible