word counts - what is going on?

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Wed Aug 15 12:17:43 EDT 2012

On 15/08/2012, at 11:36 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

>  The sqlite library
> supplied with Livecode includes fts3 and fts4.

Really?
Well that gives me something to think about.
(ah the cobwebs are clearing and I seem to remember mention of this in a Livecode 4 point something release note.
Thanks for the reminder Peter.

J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Some random thoughts:

Was doing something similar but this still can't get round the limitation of LC's word chunk definition, at least not with elegance.
Although word chunks appear initially to be of use in this situation, I have come to think the character chunk is considerably more versatile.
This way I have total control over word definition and am tying it down to character position rather than word chunk definition.

Michael Kann <mikekann at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll just mention one of my alltime favorite scripts.

Yes it is a favourite of mine too. But again it is subject to my idea of a word and LC's not matching.

Being reminded of the enabling of the FTS3 and FTS4 modules in the supplied library I will indeed check it out.

Thanks again for all your help.

James

james at thehales.id.au

Tel: +61 3 9386 2516