revxxx messages in plugins

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Aug 14 21:23:54 EDT 2012

I'm confused about the purpose of these messages.  As an example, consider
the revPreOpenStack and its equivalent preOpenStack

If I register my plugin to receive revPreOpenStack messages, then I get
that message when any stack is opened in the IDE which is great but is
there any advantage to doing it that way rather than having a preOpenStack
handler in a front script?

If it's better to use the revxxx messages than a front script, is there any
way to pre-configure a plugin to receive selected revxxx messages before I
give it to a customer?

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>