HC 25 years old today

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Aug 13 12:35:23 EDT 2012

I can't remember the exact values, this was 20 years ago I was doing that! You would type "debug hintbits" in the message box, with some values, then do a compact stack. Apparently it's described in the Dan Winkler/Scott Kamins HyperCard book.

The text finding worked like this:

unmark all cards
mark cards by finding "whatever"

Then the find routine would run around the marked cards to collect either just the page numbers, or to get the text and the words either side of it.