What was that thing with Photoshop images?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 10 16:01:28 EDT 2012

On 8/10/12 1:37 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Friday, August 10, 2012, 9:30:46 AM, you wrote:
>
>>     if there is a control "whatever" then...
>
>> It lets me flag a card to take some action without polling every object
>> or needing to keep track in a custom property, or do something else that
>> requires upkeep. As long as that control exists, the handler runs. I
>> don't have to remember to do anything else.
>
> OK. Now *that's* pretty clever. As long as there's a "whatever"
> control on a card the action will be taken. But I still don't get why
> you would want multiple "whatever" controls on the same card...

There may or may not be multiples, but I was responding to why we'd want
same-named controls in the stack. If we were able to assign icons by
image name, we could only have one image of that name to be sure of an
accurate ID.

I used to use same-named buttons on a card actually, but that was a
HyperCard holdover. I use labels or properties now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com