What was that thing with Photoshop images?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 9 23:21:17 EDT 2012

On 8/9/12 7:43 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Why does the
> Inspector allow only image IDs for button icons - object or file names
> would be so much easier for maintenance purposes.

What Scott said. While Mark's right that "lowest layer wins" would be
logical, I think it would introduce yet another level of new-user
confusion. Anyway, it's possible already to choose an existing image as
an icon via the property inspector. Click the little button next to the
icon ID field, choose "This Stack" from the popdown list, and click on
the image you want to use.

> Maybe this is why I see on the list that people use images instead of
> buttons?

If an image is static and only needs to respond to simple clicks or
commands, I put a script in it. If I need scripted image changes
(mouseovers, hiliting, state or status display, etc) I use a button.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com