Logging Device Tokens

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Aug 9 16:57:10 EDT 2012

Hmmm, I'm afraid I have to disagree with almost all of that :-)

Arrays, cards, csv files, spreadsheets - none of them are databases other
than in the sense that they store data. They have no structure, no data
integrity enforcement, no inter table relatioships, no ACID compliance, nor
any of the other fuctions provided by a real database.

Not saying that they don't have their uses, but they ain't databases.

Also, neither mySQL nor any other SQL compliant database uses tab delimited
files to store data. It may come into lc that way but the internal file
format is way more complicated than that.

Pete