Logging Device Tokens

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Aug 6 12:08:32 EDT 2012

Question: How are you saving Device Tokens?

I am working on adding Push Notifications to my app.  I am able to create, send and receive the push notification (as a test) without issue.  However, I can see that I am going to have to store the Device Tokens of all that use my app – thousands, potentially millions of them!  This seems crazy!  And, you may have to store more about the user's settings (or app preferences) if the app will send a notice to some users and not others.

Am I misunderstanding something?  Is there something in place to deal with this?  Or, am I to write my own mechanism that will log and store all users and their Device Token to some server.  Presumably when the app receives the pushNotificationRegistered message.

Before I do this all wrong, I thought I would pose the question here and see if anyone has any advise.

Thank you in advance,
-Dan