when sent a message, the target can't find itself!

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:53:02 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Change it to
>
> put exists(the long name of the target)
>
> and it should behave as expected.

Thanks.

That got the exists() working.

Maybe I'm dense, but I cant get access to the field to work the same way.

  put the text of (the long name of the target)
       yields empty, which I believe is correct, but
  put 45 into fld (the long name of the target)

(after all, putting something into it is the whole point.)

And while I'm at it, when the script is executing, shouldn't "put 7
into the target" work--the script is executing from a message sent to
the target, after all.

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.