iCloud external :-)

Maarten Koopmans maarten.koopmans at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:53:00 EDT 2012

Folks,

I have spent a lot of time on it over the last two months, but I
finally have an iOS iCloud external working. One of the things I've
learned is that iCloud works (by itself), but it is very easy to make
a mistake - hence the apps that behave so badly with iCloud.

Anyway, the external can:

- give back your app name, team prefix, bundle identifier
- put files in your app's container
- manipulate and query the apps container (evict files, force
download, modification dates, list files...)
- put files in a shared container across apps - so you have shared
data across iOS apps [ yes ... that's right!!!]
- manipulate and query the shared container
- put files in a container or shared container up for download for two
weeks [ yes, you read this correctly as well....]

I can do two things:
1) continue with my main project as I will eventually
2) spend even more time and put the external up for sale for $49

As this really has been a LOT of work I don't want to put something up
for sale if nobody is interested, so consider this a poll. Personally,
I find the shared storage across apps and public data publishing is
pretty awesome.

Let me know if you're interested - otherwise I'll simply enjoy my weekend ;-)

--Maarten