I can't send a message with a field to another handler

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:21:23 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Dr. Hawkins

> Just to be clear here, it's not the mechanics of getting it there, but
> rather the content format of the message.

I believe the tricks are:

1) send the parameters as long names
2) you then have to use 'the text of' to get the numbers
3) you then need to 'set the text of' to change the content - it is a
property you are dealing with

so

on closeField
  --it's on this card
  put the long name of field "SubTotal" into tRef1
  --it's on another card
  put the long name of field "GrandTotal" of card "Summary" into tRef2

  dlrAdd me, tRef1, tRef2

 --any other stuff

end closeField

In a stack or library script:

on dlrAdd pAmt, tRef1, tRef2
   set the text of tRef2 to pAmt + the text of tRef1
end dlrAdd

HTH