Script editing messages

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Aug 1 22:25:16 EDT 2012

Pete-

> I see there is an editScript message that is sent when a script is opened
> for editing but I don't see one for when it is saved/applied.  Is there
> such a thing?

You mean like when you press the Apply button? That triggers a "set
the script of..." statement. You can try catching saveStackRequest in
a frontscript but it won't always get there, especially if initiated
from the IDE because it locks messages first.

> The dictionary says that editScript isn't sent when "the development
> environment is active", which I assume means in the IDE?

If you grab editScript in a frontscript you don't need to worry about
whether it gets passed down to the current card.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net