Is it safe to upgrade to Xcode 4.4?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Wed Aug 1 10:18:55 EDT 2012

Graham,

To answer your question about Xcode 4.4 and LiveCode 5.5.1, yes, you should be just fine. I haven't had any problems getting the two to talk nicely. However, and this is a fairly big however, Apple seems to have totally dropped support for the iOS 4.3 simulator. I'm not totally sure if this is a Mountain Lion thing (I've upgraded to ML and Xcode 4.4) or if it's just Xcode 4.4. So I was a little saddened to find that out, as I'm working on a project that I would really like to still test in the 4.3 simulator. And the usual methods of manually copying the right iOS sdk(s) does not seem to work anymore.

So if you don't need the older simulator version (Xcode 4.4 supports iOS 5.0 and 5.1 simulators only) then you should be fine to upgrade. But if you do, hold out for a bit longer if you can, especially if you're not in a hurry to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.